Course prerequisites: Applicants must be trained in massage, anatomy & physiology
Case studies required: None
Thurs Jan 30 (London)
Tues Feb 25 (Brighton)
Tues March 18 (London)
Time: 9.30am - 5.30pm.
Click a start date to see all relevant dates for each course
Pregnancy Massage is a great addition to your skills as a therapist. There will always be pregnant women so learning how to massage them could become a staple of your business. In this course you will learn how to work safely on pregnant clients with confidence, enhance your skills and work within the realms of your insurance. The course aims to enable you to adapt your usual massage routine to working with pregnant clients after the first trimester and extend your knowledge of pre and post natal and pregnancy.
The Pregnancy Massage course is an intensive course that combines theory and practical learning and the course content includes:
Anatomy and Physiology in Pregnancy including emotional and physical changes during the three trimesters
Pre-natal conditions and ailments and techniques for symptoms
Adapting your routine for pregnant clients to incorporate a full body massage, including baby bumps and breast area and new techniques to incorporate
Couch etiquette and massage positioning for couch massage and seated massage, including working with the fitness ball
Towel Management and maintaining clients dignity
Looking after your posture while working on a pregnant client
Client consultation and contra-indications
Carrier oils and Aromatherapy Essential oils
Massage techniques for Pregnancy conditions
After care advice and strengthening exercises
Marketing Advice to target pregnant client
- Post graduate course – advanced level
- All students hold a qualification in Massage and Anatomy & Physiology
- This course is awarded 10 CPD points
- One Day Intensive course
- Certification on completion of the course
- Venues in Brighton and London
- Accredited by the FHT, Federation of Holistic Therapists
- Fee £125
- Amy Taylor, an enthusiastic qualified tutor and therapist who has specialised Pregnancy Massage and Pregnancy Reflexology for over 9 years and has taught Holistic Therapies at City College Brighton & Hove, School of Natural Therapies and the Wilbury School of Massage and Reflexology whilst running her own Purple Turtle Academy. Published work includes articles in ABC magazine and for CAM Expo. She has experienced pregnancy first hand and is the mother of two young children.
NB: These course are not held at the Wilbury school's premises: The Hove venue is Purple Turtle Leisure Suite, King Alfred Leisure Centre, Kingsway, Hove. For details of Amy's London venue, please click on the link above.